Well, it appears that we have gotten rid of the shield for good! Of course, I have probably now cursed it...we shall see. And now I also remember more of the downsides of breastfeeding...the positional pain, the chapping, the discomfort when he tugs instead of delatching, having to pretty much use two hands instead of one....we will have to figure out some things and adjust.
Today I made it to my motherwell class for the first time in about two months. I have not been officially "cleared" medically for another week but this class adjusts for pregnancy and post delivery...just took it easy on the abs! I strapped Ben on with the Moby wrap and he was happy until the very end when he got hungry. It was nice to have some time with other mommies and catch up with some of the women who will be delivering soon.
Ben is still very, very gassy despite our efforts to burp him aggressively with each feeding. He has spent most of the evening expressing his discomfort. And it's one of those funny things when you finally get a fussy baby settled down, you are pretty much willing to do anything to keep them happy. As such, I am watching a marathon of TLC shows while cradling him. We need to be a little more strict about a bedtime routine and making him lie down on his own in the bassinet...I figure that we still have one more round of visitors (the MIL) so we will save establishing new routines until after we have the house back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment