Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Invasion!!

Last night the first set of inlaws arrived for a visit. Which is a good thing! We drank wine, caught up on the family news and they ogled over the baby. Unlike the other sides of the fam where the 2 boys are the only grandkids, there are7 on this side which has led to a fair amount of comparisons..."oh, he is gassy just like so and so" "when I do this with the other baby it puts him right to sleep!" etc. I know they mean well...but Ben is just like Ben. I am already trying to avoid comparing him to Nate because as a kid I hated that. And as a parent I am still not a big fan...

The FIL took a night shift which meant I got to sleep! I took the next shift and my sleeping system for Ben worked again (hooray!) At 6:30, while finishing up with a feeding, Nate came out all sleepy eyed to cuddle. It was nice to have some quiet cuddle time with both boys (emphasis on quiet...) We will have to see what excitement today brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment